Friday, January 06, 2012

30x30: Item 12 {Wardrobe Challenge}

After giving birth to Micah, my body changed. I know, I should not be surprised. I gained about five pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I think it looks good on me.  The problem is that my clothes that used to fit don't fit anymore.  That wouldn't be such a problem if I was employed, and could afford to shop.  However, I am currently unemployed, and therefore shopping is not in my budget.  Moment of silence as I grieve my shopping budget. Moving on. My wardrobe challenge courtesy of Kendie via academichic. Use 30 clothing items to create 30 outfits. Those are Kendie's guidelines.  Here are my guidelines.

1. Choose thirty clothing items from my closet.
2. Create thirty different outfits.
3. Accessories do not count toward clothing items.
4. No shopping.
5. Each items must be worn at least once during the challenge.
6.  I am giving my self permission to take a day off every once in a while. There is no timeline.

Want to know what I have learned while choosing the clothing items to be a part of this challenge?  I mostly shop at the same places.  My closet lacks a diversity of color and texture.  My closet lacks patterns.  I need accessories.  I really want to go shopping! So here go my items.

Photobucket

1. Black Button Up                                                     16. Lavender Jacket
2. Floral Top                                                                17. Black Cardigan
3. Navy Pleated Top                                                   18. Gray Trousers
4. Striped Yellow and Gray Sweater                        19. Skinny Jeans
5. White Tank                                                             20. Trouser Jeans
6. Cream Peasant Top                                                 21. Navy Khakis
7. Gray Shirt                                                               22. Black Pleated Skirt
8. White Button Up                                                    23. Black & White Skirt
9. Gray Tank                                                               24. Tan Dress
10. Striped T-shirt                                                       25. Black Dress
11. Gold Blouse                                                          26. Cognac Boots
12. Yellow Blouse                                                      27. Brown Mary Jane Heels
13. Black T-shirt                                                         28. Black Boots
14. Black Jacket                                                         29. Pewter Flats
15. Green Cardigan                                                   30. White Pumas Exchanged for Black Pumas


And so it begins.

No comments: